Friday, March 29, 2019

Exercise

My biggest problem as I get older is getting enough exercise. I know that when I am able to get, just a little exercise, it helps stabilize by BG throughout the day. I have had several problems/excuses lately though. 

1) Weather: I hate going to and paying for a gym. I find that walking the dog is usually more than enough for me. She is a puppy and we don't walk slow. The problem is that this winter has been so cold and/or wet I haven't been able to get out for many morning walks.

2) Pain: I have developed a serious pain in the arch of my right foot. Everyone keeps telling me it's plantar fasciitis but the symptoms don't match and the insole I was given by a podiatrist made it worse. It starts to hurt about a half to a quarter mile into walking and doesn't let up until I stop.

3) Low BG. Finally, I still haven't gotten the hang of eating and/or insulin dosing for exercise. I'd love to lose some weight but it seems like every time I do go out and get some work in I end up going low and needing to eat. How do you use up those calories and work them off, if you just end up needing to put them back in?

I guess I'll have to just keep trying. hobbling along on my dog walks as soon as the rain stops. Unless there are other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment