Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Exercise: It has to be part of the plan!

The truth is, I hate running. My legs hurt, the arch of my right foot feels like someone put a rubber bouncy ball in my shoe. I've realized though that exercise is of ultimate importance for my life.

Last week, with the JOYfm fundraiser, it was hard to find time to exercise. I was at the station from 5:30am to 7:00pm each day. This week I continued to slack off and continued to see my blood sugar do weird things. It was doing this slow rise overnight and I was waking above 200 even when I didn't eat a snack before bed. I went to bed last night with a Glucose reading of 97 You can see from the picture above it was well above 200 this morning. You can also see what a little exercise does.

I took insulin, waited for awhile to eat. Ate breakfast and reduced my basil rate to 30% for a half hour before my run/walk and left it at 30% during the 1/2 I spent running and walking.

exercise with the proper basil rate just brings everything down and levels it out.  I get excited when I see that flat line of Glucose levels at right around 100

No comments:

Post a Comment